Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Meal plan for week of 4/4

So my method of meal planning is slightly different. I sit down with the family every Monday night and ask them what they would like to eat for the following week. With their suggestions in mind, I brouse the sales adds for my favorite grocery stores and find ingredients that are not only on sale, but I also have a coupon for. Feeding a family of 6 gets expensive so I try to cut costs as many ways as I can. Wednesday nights are very busy for my family so that is always leftover night. Some nights my husband and I will have special plans so those nights the kids get to fend for themselves. Fortunately my kids are all old enough and capable enough to cook their own food so they actually don't mind "Fend" nights. Another thing I should mention is that I don't use recipies. I will sometimes read a recipe for ideas, but I don't follow them while cooking. If you would like to know how to make one of the things I have listed, I will try my best to explain! I have school from 8-5 for the next 3 weeks so the meals are simple enough that my husband and kids can prepare them, or I can prep the ingredients the night before. My husband leaves for work by 6 every night so I have to have dinner on the table ASAP! So here we go: Monday 4/4 My Birthday! So dinner at Benihana's for the hubby and me, Fend for the kids Tuesday 4/5 Grilled cheese sandwiches(Cheddar on the inside, parmesan on theout side) With Tomato soup(Garlic croutons on top!) Wednesday 4/6 Leftovers Thursday 4/7 Shrimp Scampi with linguini, Ceasar salad, and garlic bread Friday 4/8 Carnitas street tacos- shredded pork, queso cotija, shredded cabbage, radishes, cilantro, lime wedges and salsa verde Saturday 4/9 Chicken Tortilla soup Sunday 4/10 Roast Chicken with mashed potatoes, and green beans(with butter & bacon) So that's this week! I'll try to post again next Saturday for the following week!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I have a yummy recipe for a tomato basil soup...maybe I'll make it next week since it is supposed to cool off. I don't make it that often because it makes a ton but half the family doesn't really like it...I guess I could freeze some of it. How do you make the grilled cheese with Parmesan on the outside? That sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete