Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Meal Plan: Week of 4/1/11

This is my first weekly meal plan post of the blog! Just a fair warning, I don't always stick to the menu, so sometimes a week's menu lasts for a couple weeks. I should also point out that I have a couple favorite websites where I get most of my recipes. They are allrecipes.com and ourbestbites.com. Seriously, I very rarely need to go anywhere else. So, here is my week's menu (starting with today, if I can make it to the grocery store), with links to the recipes I'm using.

Friday:
Strawberry chicken spinach salad with crumbled gorgonzola and candied pecans (instead of almonds...I'm allergic to almonds)

Saturday:
Chicken curry
Rice
Sautéed zucchini & bell peppers

Sunday:

Herb crusted roast beef*
Roasted vegetables
(subbing zucchini for the butternut squash...personal preference)

Monday:

Honey mustard chicken
Rice pilaf
corn
(on the cob, if I can find it fresh)

Tuesday:

Glazed bacon wrapped meatloaf*
Mashed potatoes
Green beans


Wednesday:
Beef with snow peas*
Rice


Thursday:
Chipotle pork tacos
Lime cilantro rice with pineapple
Quinoa and black beans


*Every year, we get a whole buffalo to use as our red meat, so anywhere beef is used as an ingredient, it will actually be buffalo in our house. Buffalo is so much healthier for you, and it tastes better too!

Just a tip...whenever I use a recipe from a website, I read through the reviews of the recipe to determine any adjustments I will probably make. Also, when I am searching for a particular recipe on allrecipes.com and there are several to choose from, I will sort the recipes by the rating to find the best rated version. But, be careful...a recipe with only one review of 5 stars will show up higher than a recipe with 1000 reviews averaging 4.5 stars, so you will still need to do some browsing.

OK...now, hopefully an older person will get home soon so I can do my grocery shopping! I no longer take all 3 little kids with me to the grocery store. The last time I did that, I ended up with a broken finger, which still isn't healed properly (it has been over 4 months), and I will hopefully be getting surgery done on it soon...

2 comments:

  1. Ok, how did you get yours to look like that? When I typed mine, it looked like yours but when I posted it, it was all run together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I just used the formatting options at the top...I'm not really sure...

    ReplyDelete