Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Birthdays and Weddings and Beach Trips, Oh My!

OK, so I think the summer time is way too difficult to be consistent with meal planning. The past couple weeks we had 2 birthdays, We had a family get-together at the beach, and now I'm getting ready for a wedding. So, the little meal planning I'm doing, it is mostly quick and easy dishes from my own repertoire. Things like tacos and roasts and stuff.

But, I did stumble across this little gem, and I figured I should share it with you. Chicken Pillows. And no, they aren't pillows made out of chickens ;) Now, I didn't get all crazy and make my dough from scratch...why do that when there are perfectly good tubes of dough in your grocery dairy aisle? So, without making your dough, and using a leftover rotisserie chicken that we had bought the day before, these are quite the quick main dish. My kids didn't care for the sauce on top (it was OK...I could have lived without it), but they liked the "hot-pocket" type feel for the dish. One of my husband's friends came over and had one, and he suggested I sell them at CostCo...he said I would make a fortune! Haha...thanks for the ego boost, Craig! I don't think I'm that adventurous though, plus, it isn't my own recipe.

Anyway...I am getting ready to go to the grocery store right now. I'm not doing much in the way of a menu right now though...just too busy! My main focus is getting things for the bridal shower I'm hosting tomorrow...I'm making a cake, fruit pizza, and punch. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment