Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Reviews & Somewhat New Menu

Well, we had somewhat of a crazy week last week...first a friend had appendicitis, so I ended up making a vegetable and barley soup for her, then a couple of my kids got a stomach bug, and finally my husband got an upset stomach...which ended up being appendicitis too! So, needless to say, we didn't get to all of the meal plan last week. So, some of the items have been moved over to this week.

As a review of the food we did eat...most of it was just OK...the sauce for the Chicken cordon bleu was way too thick and didn't taste that great. The Hawaiian Haystacks were a little bland. The Chicken taquitos were a hit though! Also, the Greek Chicken salad was a big hit again too...even my picky eater had 2 big plates of it!

Here is this week's menu:

Sun.

Mon.

Tues.

Wed.

Thurs.

Fri.

Sat.

Sweet & Sour BBQ Roast

Roasted potatoes

Roasted Asparagus

Honey chicken

Strawberry spinach salad

Corn

Red, white & blue dessert

Sweet & Sour Meatballs

Rice

zucchini

Chicken enchiladas

Chef salad

tacos

leftovers


We already had some changes though...On Sunday, I asked my husband to take out a roast, but he took out carne asada meat instead, so I couldn't make the roast on Sunday. Instead, I made a marinade similar to this, but it didn't have long enough to marinade, so it was really tough. Also, the store was out of fresh corn, so I didn't get that, and we are going to a neighbor's for a BBQ today (4th of July), and they are providing the meat, so I probably won't make the chicken today.

It has been really hot here, so I'm trying to find lighter dishes to make, but Wednesday is my step-daughter's 18th birthday, and she asked me to make those enchiladas for her.

If you are interested in my vegetable soup (my friend's husband said it is now his second favorite soup!), here is an approximate recipe:

Dice the following vegetables: carrots, celery, potatoes, zucchini, red bell pepper, onion, and garlic. (amounts are to desired taste)
Add 1 can of petite diced tomatoes, about 1/2 bag of frozen corn, and about 1 cup of barley. Use 6 large vegetable bullion cubes. Used pepper and parsley to taste. Add 12 cups of water (yes, this made a lot...it fed 3 families that night). Boil until vegetables and barley are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment